Friday, March 7, 2014

Creamy Citrus Salad

I made this along with the Pepper Shrimp Saute. Again, sorry for the lack of pictures in this post.

The original recipe was from Publix, and came with the Pepper Shrimp Saute recipe.  However, I really only used it is a general guideline and I ended up making a bunch of modifications using ingredients I had on hand...so I'm just going to post my version here.
....On to the good part! 

Creamy Citrus Salad

Ingredients
1 can mandarin oranges
2 grapefruits
1 tablespoon honey
1 individual size cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
2ish handfuls mini marshmallows


Instructions
Drain most of the liquid from oranges and put in a medium bowl.  Scoop out grapefruit and add to oranges.  Add honey, and stir.  Let chill in the fridge until ready to serve.  Just before serving, stir in Greek yogurt and marshmallows.


The Verdict
I messed it up when I made it.  I left in a good bit of the juice from the oranges, and added a little juice from the grapefruits.  It was WAY too liquidy!   I ended up eating it out of a cup with a spoon.  My marshmallows were also a little...not fresh...so I let the marshmallows soak a bit to soften up.  But even with those problems, it was still delicious!  It was so cool, and fresh, and sweet (but not too sweet), with a bit of sour flavor from the grapefruit, and little bursts of sweetness when you bite into a marshmallow.  Publix did the right thing by pairing it with the Pepper Shrimp Saute...the cool flavor from the citrus salad was perfect for eating after a spicy meal.
It would have been much better if it was actually creamy (instead of liquidy), but this was so good, I would definitely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment